Customers are always looking for ways to stay ahead of the game and achieve more with less in their operations. Investing in today’s latest technology can help you do just that all while improving your operation’s return on investment. Joshua Ehlers, the Precision Product Coordinator for Heartland AG Systems, has a vast knowledge on the Precision Technology that we use. Ehlers says, “Here at Heartland AG Systems, we pick the technology suppliers that we do based on what our customers need or ask for. Anything that makes the application process more efficient is beneficial to our customers and therefore, us as the retailer.”
We partner with Raven technology for our application equipment because it is a company that continues to advance and alter their products to the needs of their customers. Raven technology takes your mind off the little tasks so you can focus on a higher return and doing more with less. Our precision team is up to speed on the latest Raven technology to help you succeed with these groundbreaking innovations. Ehlers says, “Personally, I think that Precision Technology is what continues to drive our new equipment sales. The advanced technology helps our customers offer a better service to the growers, and overall, is better for everyone involved.” Of course, every new product has its best features or parts that make it thrive, just like our technology. Below we have created a list of our top products and their best features.
Slingshot® is a suite of services that synchronizes the farm operations from the field to the office. With its connectivity and logistics features, Slingshot increases accuracy and visibility across all your machines, fields, and jobs. This connectivity provides a broad range of real-time dispatch, information sharing, monitoring, and reporting analytics to increase accuracy and efficiency — right at your fingertips.
- 4G LTE modem connects to most mobile networks worldwide and supports 3G or lower networks
- Ethernet port allows for full Internet connectivity to Raven field computers, as well as other compatible devices
- Wi-Fi hotspot provides wireless access to laptops and other mobile devices in the cab
- Integrated GPS for easily tracking location of equipment on Slingshot Fleet Tracking portals
RS1™ is a high-powered system that combines autosteer, GPS, and Slingshot® into one intuitive, easy-to-use unit. It has incredibly high accuracy at both low and high speeds and can be moved wherever you need it. RS1 provides multiple methods of system connectivity, including cellular, Wi-Fi, or ethernet, and gives you the power to focus on other responsibilities in the cab.
- Steering auto-adjusts to keep crops safe
- Easy to transfer from one machine to another and no reprogramming is needed
- Remote performance monitoring and support through Slingshot®
- Compatible with both ISO Steer Ready and Raven Aftermarket Steering Controllers
- The industry’s most accurate steering system, with RTK sub-inch accuracy
- Geared for a wide range of terrain with enhanced steering performance and 3D rugged-terrain compensation
VSN® is a non-contact camera-based unit that transforms machine guidance through emerged to full canopy crops. It feeds highly precise, instantaneous crop row information to the auto steering component, RS1™, allowing the machine to adapt to row variances in real-time so crops stay unharmed. VSN allows operators to drive damage-free at speeds up to 20 mph, covering more acres in a day and maximizing yield and ROI.
- Operators using VSN experience a 48% reduction in the number of stressful events per minute compared to manual steering; meaning using VSN is better for the health of you and your operators
- Allows the operator to cover 20% more acres due to increased speed, more efficient field planning, and ease of use
- Drastically reduces crop damage and misapplication in the field, saving up to 2% of yields and operational profit
- Tracks machine paths accurately to the actual planting, not just hypothetically calculated rows
- Quick, one-time calibration with up to five saved profiles for easy crop transitions
- Pair with Viper® 4+ or CR12™ for display and RS1™ or SC1™ for guidance
AutoBoom® XRT radar sensors monitor the ground, canopy height, and machine movement — then use the information to automatically adjust the boom to stay within its intended position. As a result, the boom stays closer to the target height with less variability, maximizing boom life and minimizing crop damage.
- Key Features
- Beats the competition in moderate and extreme terrains
- Increased control and speed to traverse rolling hills, levees, terraces, and more
- Maintains optimal spray height
- Can operate on ground and canopy modes and automatically adjusts to changing temperatures
- Radar sensors read up to five meters
Perhaps the best thing about our technology: It automates functions that previously were completed by operators. Raven’s latest technology helps keep operations consistent, prevents operator fatigue and allows your employees to return home safely. It also allows operators to focus on other parts of the operation because they are no longer concentrating on all the systems that are now being controlled through Precision Technology.
Invest in the future of your operation today with the help of Heartland AG Systems precision team.